NMS-FCM Library Catalogue
In general, it can be said that the consultation of the Catalog allows you to use the Library, with greater effectiveness and autonomy.
=> Anyone who gives up a loan request or to make an appointment because they think the document does not exist because it is not on the shelf can be damaged. It is through the consultation of this database that one can check whether or not the intended document exists in the collections of the Library and, from there, obtain information on the situation in which the document is located (in consultation, borrowed abroad, etc.). There are books that are not on the bookshelves of the silent reading room (Floor-2).
- It is easy to see that any search you want to make from data other than the "subject" - for example data such as "author", "collection", "title" - can never be answered unless it is done through Search in this Database.
- A subject search that is done only from generic shelf topics does not ensure that all available information about that subject in the NMS|FCM collections has been consulted. Most books contain information on various subjects, while on the shelves they are arranged (and eventually dispersed in the room on several shelves away from each other) based on a single subject that has been defined as the main theme.
- If you search the NMS|FCM Library catalog from a subject you want, the book references relevant to that topic will appear grouped, regardless of the different physical location that the documents may have in NMS|FCM building.
- If you want to search information in all the UNL’s Libraries Catalogues experiment NOVA Discovery here.
CONTENTS OF THE CATALOG
The content of the FCM Library Database / Catalog consists of references to:
1. NMS|FCM BOOKS
Books available in the library's silent reading room (Level -2), other books deselected and stored in the archives room of this floor and, in some cases, stored at NMS|FCM departments and services.
2. NMS|FCM JOURNALS
2.1 Journals that are part of the collection (presented by titles), including current subscriptions and journals that are no longer in progress.
2.2 Articles * of the journal "Anais Portugueses de Medicina", individually cited as it is a publication edited by NMS|FCM.
2.3 Isolated numbers of journals referenced in their entirety when considered of interest.
To do a systematic search of magazine articles, we recommend:
A) when you want to base your search on the maximum number of journals - search in -> PubMed or another bibliographic database. (English search)
B) when one intends to search only in Portuguese journals - search in => Index of Portuguese Medical Journals. (Research in Portuguese).
3. THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
It integrates the theses and dissertations defended in the NMS|FCM, mainly from 2009, the Library offers the respective consultation in the silent reading room (Level -2 and in some cases it can be borrowed, when duly authorized.
4. REPORTS, BROCHURES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS "AVULSO" AND OF DIVERSE NATURE
Integrated in the database whenever it was considered to convey information of interest to users. (Some are discarded periodically)
5. INTERNET SITES
Some addresses considered of interest to users. For the address search we recommend Google search.