CHRC - Partners
CHRC was developed based on the concept that clinical and public health research must be combined in order to better approach individual and population health. Main management unit is NOVA Medical School and the coordinator is Helena Canhão, MD PhD. The other CHRC’s management units are:
- National School of Public Health (ENSP);
- Évora University;
- Hospital de Santo Espírito, Terceira Island, Azores;
- Lisbon Institute of Global Mental Health.
There are partnerships agreements that will help to accomplish the mission:
- Public Hospitals (CHLC, CHLO, CHLN, Fernando Fonseca, Vila Franca de Xira);
- Lisbon and Vale do Tejo Health Regional Administration;
- Private Hospitals (Grupo José Mello Saúde, Lusíadas);
- Several Institutes (Politécnico de Setúbal e de Lisboa, Instituto Nacional Saúde Ricardo Jorge);
- Companies (CENC Sleep and Health Research Centre, José Mello Saúde Enterprises, Medinava TeleMedicine Imaging Centre and Incremental Action Consulting);
- Non-profit associations (Patient Innovation Association);
- Patient’s associations (European Patient’s Academy, Portuguese League Against Rheumatism, Alzheimer’s European Network, etc);
- Portuguese Governmental Agencies (Directorate-General of Health, Central Administration of the Health System, and Drug Regulatory Agency INFARMED).
CHRC is committed to promote and implement activities to support and developed applied health research in Portugal, towards an excellency international level. The diversity of professionals, patients and disorders is vast. Many CHRC researchers previously collaborated in others initiatives working together, sharing projects and common facilities.