▪ Abreu R, Figueiredo P, Beckert P, Marques JP, Amorim S, Caetano C, Carvalho P, Sá C, Cotovio R, Cruz J, Dias T, Fernandes G, Gonçalves E, Leão C, Leitão A, Lopes J, Machado E, Neves M, Oliveira A, Pereira AI, Pereira B, Ribeiro F, Silva LM, Sousa F, Tinoco T, Teixeira VH, Sousa M, Brito J. Portuguese Football Federation Consensus Statement 2020: nutrition and performance in football. BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine. 2021 Aug 26;7(3):e001082.
▪ Oliveira C, Sousa M, Abreu R, Ferreira A, Figueiredo P, Rago V, Teixeira VH, Brito J. Dietary supplements usage by elite female football players: an exploration of current practices. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. 2021. Online, ahead of print.
▪ Nussbaumer-Streit B, Ellen M, Klerings I, Sfetcu R, Riva N, Mahmić-Kaknjo M, Poulentzas G, Martinez P, Baladia E, Ziganshina LE, Marqués ME, Aguilar L, Kassianos AP, Frampton G, Silva AG, L Affengruber L, Spjker R, Thomas J, Berg RC, Kontogiani M, Sousa M, Kontogiorgis C, Gartlehner G, working group 3 in the EVBRES COST Action (https://evbres.eu). Resource use during systematic review production varies widely: a scoping review. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2021;S0895-4356(21)00171-2.
▪ Jesus F, Castela I, Silva AM, Branco PA, Sousa M. Risk of Low Energy Availability among Female and Male Elite Runners Competing at the 26th European Cross-Country Championships. Nutrients. 2021;13(3),873.
▪ Rocha-Rodrigues S, Sousa M, Reis PL, Leão C, Cardoso-Marinho B, Massada M, Afonso J. Bidirectional Interactions between the Menstrual Cycle, Exercise Training, and Macronutrient Intake in Women: A Review. Nutrients. 2021;13,438.
▪ Oliveira C, Sousa M. The effects of L-carnitine supplementation in athletic performace. Science & Sports. 2019;34(2):63-72
▪ Edouard P, Junge A, Kiss-Polauf M, Ramirez C, Sousa M, Timpka T, Branco P. Interrater reliability of the injury reporting of the injury surveillance system used in international athletics championships. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2018;21(9):894-898
▪ Nunes CL, Matias CN, Santos DA, Morgado JP, Monteiro CP, Sousa M, Minderico CS, Rocha PM, St-Onge MP, Sardinha LB, Silva AM. Characterization and comparison of nutritional intake between preparatory and competitive phase of highly trained athletes. Medicina. 2018, 54(3), 41
▪ Oliveira C, Ferreira D, Caetano C, Granja D, Pinto R, Mendes B, Sousa M. Nutrition and supplementation in soccer. Sports. 2017, 5, 28
▪ Sousa M, Fernandes MJ, Carvalho P, Soares J, Moreira P, Teixeira VH. Nutritional supplements usage in high-performance athletes is related with lower nutritional inadequacy from food. Journal of Sport and Health Science. 2016;5(3):368-374
▪ Sousa M, Fernandes MJ, Soares J, Moreira P, Teixeira VH. Nutritional supplement-usage associated characteristics of high-performing athletes. British Food Journal. 2016;118(1):26-39
▪ Ribeiro J, Figueiredo P, Sousa M, de Jesus K, Keskinen K, Vilas-Boas J, Fernandes R. Metabolic and ventilatory thresholds assessment in front crawl swimming. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 2015;55(7-8):701-7
▪ Sousa M, Teixeira VH, Soares J. Dietary strategies to recover from exercise-induced muscle damage. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 2014;65(2):151-63
▪ Sousa M, Fernandes MJ, Moreira P, Teixeira VH. Nutritional supplements usage by Portuguese athletes. International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research. 2013;83(1):48-58
▪ Sousa M, Carvalho P, Moreira P, Teixeira VH. Nutrition and nutritional issues for dances. Medical Problems of Performing Artists, 2013;28(3):119-23
▪ Oliveira C, Antunes C, Santos C, Marques A, Sousa M. Nutritional support in Crohn’s disease. Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição. 2017;10:44-48
▪ Sousa M, Carvalho P, Teixeira VH, Soares J. Sarcopenia, muscle and nutrition. Revista Portuguesa de Ciências do Desporto. 2012; 12(2):101-112
▪ Sousa M, Brás-Silva C, Leite-Moreira A. The role of leptin in the regulation of energy balance.