There is an open call for applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Grant (BIPD), under reference SAI/2022/03, in the scope of the project EXPL/CCI-BIO/1650/2021-CARDIOMiogênese In Silico: Um quadro computacional para o estudo da diferenciação de células estaminais em cardiomiócitos (CARDIOMyogenisis In Silico: A computational framework for the study of stem cell differentiation towards cardiomyocytes), at the institution Faculdade de Ciências Médicas|NOVA Medical School (FCM|NMS) from Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (UNL), supported by income from the above mentioned project financed by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P. (FCT, I.P.).
Application deadline: June 16 (until 5:00 PM), 2022.
Field of study: Computational biology/Bioinformatics
Admission requirements (eligibility criteria):
PhD Degree in the area of computational systems biology, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence or related fields.
The aim of the FCT project is to computationally infer gene regulatory networks underlying cardiomyogenesis and to examine the functional importance of the network components in the context of human health. The project is based on the combined analysis of a variety of large omics data and the application of state-of-the-art computational methods. It will provide the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work with a wide variety of data sets from cutting edge technologies and to develop new computational methods for the study of human diseases.
The post-doctoral fellow will hold a key role in the project and will carry out following tasks:
1) Integration and analysis of single cell and bulk RNA-, ChIP- and ATAC-seq data as with existing knowledge;
2) Application of statistical, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) methods to derive gene regulatory networks;
3) Interrogation of the functional and medical relevance of the constructed gene networks using large population-based genomics data sets (GWAS), drug and disease data as well as computational simulation.
For the position, previous experience in the analysis of one or more types of omics data is essential. Strong programming skills in R and/or Python are desirable. Expertise in AI, ML , data integration or network inference are of advantage.
As the tasks are computational, remote working with regular meetings at the NOVA Medical School in Lisbon can be an option for the successful candidate.
Application deadline and form of presentation of applications:
The call is open from May 31 to June 16 (until 5:00 PM), 2022, and is published on https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/ and in https://www.nms.unl.pt/en-us/NMS/Join-NMS/Recruiting (Portuguese and English versions on this website).
Applications have to be submitted by email, to email@example.com, mentioning the reference SAI/2022/03 in the Subject of the message.
Applications are formalized by sending the following documents:
· Curriculum vitae including full list of scientific output;
· PhD Certificate and other Certificates of Qualifications;
· Letter of Motivation which should highlight the candidate’s relevant expertise in omics data analysis, programming and eventually AI, ML or network interference and how this expertise can be applied to the tasks outlined in the work plan;
· Contact details for two references;
· Other supporting documents deemed relevant.
Additional information in the attached notice.
NOVA Medical SchoolCampo Mártires da Pátria, 1301169-056 LisboaPORTUGAL
GeneralTel.: +351 218 803 000
Compliment, suggestion or complaint
News and Events
Awards and Honours