Phone: (+351) 218 803 101
Fax: (+351) 218 851 920
As the PhD Committee we want to fully represent NMS PhD Students. We organize the PhD Student's Annual Retreat and alsoaim to promote the interaction between professors, investigators, post-docs, students, and all employees of the NMS community, to enhance our team spirit.
We also make constant efforts to build bridges between the research institutes in the Lisbon area to promote interaction, discussion and exchange of knowledge and shared experiences.
General Objectives and Plans
To raise funds for the PhD Student's Annual Retreat, the PhD Committee organizes and coordinates several activities all year round, like the Beer & Food hour after the Casual Friday with Science Seminars, the Quizzes, and the Magusto, Christmas, Carnival, and Santos Populares parties!
The PhD Committee has also a strong sense of community and social action, collaborating with Junta de Freguesia de Arroios in several charity campaigns.
Currently, our PhD Committee is composed of 5 members, from different PhD years and different research areas. Facing the current pandemic situation, we intend to promotie and organize virtual meetings that nurture research discussion and networking.
- Beer & Food hour after the Casual Friday with Science Seminars;
- Magusto, Christmas, Carnival, and Santos Populares parties;
- Team-building activities (dinners, football, and more);
- Charity campaigns;
- Science communication;
- Annual retreat, with scientific communications from the PhD students and team-building activities.
All activities are planned accordingly to the DGS guidelines, always ensuring the proper hygiene and safety measures.
PhDC in function
- Alexandra Oliveira (Gabriela Silva Lab)
- Daniela Marques (Cláudia Santos Lab)
- Luis Cabaço (Duarte Barral Lab)
- Bruna Correia (António Jacinto Lab)
- Mariana Barata (Cláudia Almeida Lab)